, , ,

Experts from Fashion Industry Stopover at TTA for ‘Premium Fashion Workshop’

04:40


Fashion Premium Workshop was conducted at TTA by Corina Manuel – Ex-Regional Editor – Femina Miss India, Feroza Dalal – Buying & Merchandising Expert, James Ferriera – Owner of Fashion Label ‘James Ferriera’& Ranjit Rodricks – Popular Fashion Blogger.

Mr James interacted with students on a variety of subjects in the fashion industry like Indian and western methods of fashion design. He said, “When it comes to teaching fashion, I do hope that there will be more Indian methods of fashion being taught to the students rather than just international syllabus which our premier govt. recognized institution does. TTA is well-designed college. It makes you feel that you are in a fashion design school which is very important because an environment is very imperative and it helps students to be more creative. Students that I interacted with were interesting, they were very attentive. I think they got a lot of good points from me.”

Ms. Corina Manuel shared her experience in the fashion industry and took up a session on fashion communication. She said, “It was fun talking to a young room filled with amazing talent. It is interesting to talk about how you have spent your 24 years in the industry. And to figure out fashion communication from students’ eyes is interesting. I really enjoyed myself, thank you so much, Amit Sir for offering me this opportunity.”

Ms Feroza Dalal who spoke about branding & merchandising careers said, “I have gone through their syllabus and I think they covered most of the topics that are needed for a fashion designer and also for other careers like merchandising & buying have been covered here beautifully. Thank you TTA for offering me this platform to talk about my experience as a buyer & merchandizer to students, aspiring merchandizers & designers over here. And sharing my experiences might help them in their future growth.”

Mr Ranjit engaged the audience brilliantly by uncovering various elements of fashion blogging. He said, “I had young beautiful students over here who wanted to know all about fashion blogging. So, it was good to share what I know with them. They all have future in fashion, blogging,& styling. I wish them all the best. I am looking forward to reading their blogs, seeing their fashions, and wearing them and seeing all the Bollywood stars wearing it too. All the best TTAians.”

TTA’s budding fashion designers looked more than happy and inspired with the two-day workshop. Srishti Gupta, a fashion design student from TTA-Deccan centre, said, “I am totally motivated with the workshop. Such workshops help us prepare for the industry in the right way so that we can acquire the relevant skillsets and bridge the necessary gap.”




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

Flickr Images